Since upgrading from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business Server 2015 we were advised to remove the Lync Room System Portal from all front end servers before performing in-place upgrades.
When I attempted to reinstall this onto the new Skype for Business Front End server, the installation failed because the installer was looking for a directory that no longer exists.
Fear not because Microsoft Lync Room System Administrative Web Portal for Skype for Business Server 2015 has been released!
To download click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46906
The good news is that if you have previously used Lync Room System Admin Portal before then there is nothing else you need to do other than to install the new portal using the walk through install wizard. This is because the same set of pre-requisite steps are required, nothing new.
However, if you are installing it for the first time, the steps below should help.
1. Download the Admin Portal using the link above and save to your Skype for Business Front end server
2. Download ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (here) and save to the same server
3. Install the ASP.NET application to the Front End Server (no reboot required)
4. Open Active Directory users and computers and create a domain users account called lrsadmin
5. Create a Security Group called MsftRoomSystemFullAdmin (deviating from the technet to show it can be done)
6. Create another called MsftRoomSystemSupport (deviating from the technet to show it can be done)
7. Add the group MsftRoomSystemFullAdmin group as a member of the MsftRoomSystemSupport Group
8. Add the user lrsadmin as a member of the MsftRoomSystemFullAdmin group
9. Enable the account lrsadmin to be a SIP enabled account in Skype for Business Control Panel
10. Open the Location C:\Program Files\Skype for Business Server 2015\Web Components\Meeting Room Portal\Int\Handler in File Explorer and open the web.config file
11. Find the following key <add key=”PortalUserName” and change the value to sip:email@example.com
12. Find the following Keys <add key=”FullAccessAdminsGroup” and change the value to MsftRoomSystemFullAdmin and <add key=”SupportAdminsGroup” and change the value to MsftRoomSystemSupport. Save the file.
13. Open IIS Manager and restart the Skype for Business Server Internal Website
14. Notice the new web directory lrs has been created
15. Open Internet Explorer and browse to https://fe-server.domain.com/lrs and the Login Page will be displayed
Note to Microsoft – Why haven’t you renamed the title??? #amateur
16. Login with your lrsadmin account and manage your MRS’s. I haven’t got any so cannot show you any changes if any.